Last week, I got nominated for a Liebster Award by Risa’s Pieces (http://risaspieces.org). First off, I want to give a big thank you and blog hug to Risa for nominating me! Now, it’s time for me to describe the award. This award is given to new bloggers, or bloggers with under 200 followers to help readers learn more about you and get your name out into the blog-oh-sphere. The magic number here is 11, so I will be answering 11 questions, post 11 facts about myself, and then ask 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate. Here we go!
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I’ve always found that blogs were a great way to learn about new things. Whether you want to learn a new recipe, craft, or photo technique, a blog is always there to help you! Also, I absolutely adore writing and I aspire to be a communications major in college. Therefore, I thought that having a blog would be an excellent way for me to practice these skills and to share my ideas with people.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
You know, there are so many cool places in the world that it is really cumbersome for me to narrow it down to one. In the United States, I think it’d be intriguing to live in New York City, Washington D.C., California, any of the four corner states, or Hawaii.
3. Which magazines do you read?
Hmm…..I like Delicious Living, Living Without (although I think the title of the magazine is stupid lol), Gluten Free Living , Teen Vogue, Teen Ink, and National Geographic.
4. What’s your favorite cocktail?
Well, I’m seventeen so I can’t drink yet lol. Does it count if I like the shrimp cocktail sauce from Trader Joe’s?
5. Where was the best vacation you ever had?
Disney World hands down!!! I went once when I was seven years old and it was an epic experience! Probably the most memorable experiences from that trip was seeing Mickey’s Philharmonic (I don’t know if it still exists but it was seriously the best 3D show ever! Seriously, if smelling the aroma of apple pie as it pops out of the movie screen isn’t cool, I don’t know what is) and watching divers swim in a restaurant’s “aquarium” as we ate.
6. What’s your favorite way to pamper yourself?
I have several favorite ways I like to pamper myself which I think are pretty universal for most women (and men for the first thing I’m going to mention). My absolute favorite way I like to pamper myself is by taking a long hot shower. There is nothing better than the feeling of having heat roll down your back :). Also, I find the process of putting on makeup very relaxing. To me, putting on makeup is artistic, so I sort of think of applying it as painting my face if that makes sense. In addition, I like pampering myself by dressing up more than I would usually do for the day. I don’t know, there is just something about a classic red dress (casual enough to wear for the day time of course) mixed with a pair of leggings and boots that can just fix all of your problems!
7. What was the last book you read?
The last book I read was Nothing But The Truth by Avi. This is a young adult book that my Mom picked out for me at Barnes and Noble. I thought it was a great book! In particular, the topic and the style in which it was written intrigued me. The book is about a guy, Phillip, who was not allowed to join his high school’s track team because he got a D in English class from a teacher who he’s convinced is out to get him. This enraged Phillip, so he would hum the National Anthem when he was supposed to be respectfully silent in homeroom in order to get under her nerves. As a result, he got suspended by the assistant principal and eventually became the subject of national media attention when he and his family decided to fight back. In addition to the plot, the style in which it was written was very unique. Avi used a mix of dialogue, phone conversations, journal entries, and letters to tell the story. Overall, I would recommend this book for anyone who wants to read something a bit different than what they routinely read.
8. What’s your favorite personal care product brand?
I can’t really choose a favorite personal care product brand because I usually chose one or two products from a brand rather than relying on a single brand as a whole.
9. Name one thing (anything) you can’t live without.
Well the first thing that comes to the top of my mind would be water, but if it had to be anything other than for purely survival purposes, it would be my family.
10. Would you ever volunteer to colonize another planet?
It would probably be a very exhilarating and fulfilling experience, but I don’t think they make gluten-free/dairy-free astronaut food, so therefore, the answer would probably be no.
11. Favorite Batman: Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, or Christian Bale?
I’ve never been into batman/spider-man/super-man movies, so I can’t really choose my favorite Batman based off of what I’ve seen. I’ll go with Christian Bale because he was so handsome and an incredible actor as Laurie in Little Women (one of my favorite movies). Batman fans probably want to give my blog a mighty hard punch at the screen right now, lol.
Here are some eleven fun facts about me!
1. I was a gymnast for three and a half years, two of which I competed. My favorite event was the floor exercise and I was once the state champion for this event .
2. I have only been traditional camping with a tent exactly one time with my girl scout troop. It was fun, but I got WAY too many mosquito bites (25 on one leg, not fun!). I think this has scared me from going tent camping again .
3. One of my first theater roles as a kid was the Kola-Kola bird in Elephant’s Child in the third grade. I recently found out that this was one of Jim Parsons’ (from the Big Bang Theory) first theater roles as well, which inspired him to be an actor. Cool, huh?
5. I can’t really whistle. I can sort of whistle through my teeth, but not really.
6. I recently saw my first Broadway show with my aunt and uncle in NYC. It was Kinky Boots and it was awesome XD.
7. I really, Really, REALLY hate spiders. Daddy long legs probably creep me out the most.
8. I also hate most other insects except for butterflies, ladybugs, and strangely, bees. I have absolutely no fear or problem taking pictures or being near them. I don’t know if it was a desire to take good bee photographs or The Bee Movie with Jerry Seinfeld that cured this.
9. The first story that I ever wrote was when I was eight and it was about a family that was once on a wagon journey during the pioneer era. They got into a wagon accident and somehow “rolled” down a veryyyyy long hill that went from Indiana to Maine. Somehow, they survived this! As you can tell, I was not the best at writing realistic transitions as a kid.
10. I am the biggest fan of the television show Ugly Betty and have seen every episode ever.
11. I don’t win “pick from a hat” contests. The only time I won something from that sort of contest was a pumpkin in Kindergarten.
Now 11 Questions for my nominees!!
1. What/Who inspired you to start blogging?
2. If you could use only one makeup product for the rest of your life, what would you use (blush, eyeliner, foundation, etc.)?
3. What is your favorite book from childhood?
4. Have you watched any of the Oscar movie winners and/or nominees from this past year and what is your verdict? If not, what Oscar movie and/or nominee movies from this past year do you want to see?
5. What word makes it the most into your personal vocab?
6. What are your top five favorite clothing stores to shop at?
7. What is your most loved health food and green beauty product?
8. The Voice or American Idol?
9. Where do you want your next vacation spot to be?
10. When was your first concert?
11. What accent can do you the best besides your own?
Here is who I nominate:
Eco Diva – Eco Diva (http://ecodivablog.wordpress.com/)
Elle – Elle Bakes (http://ellebakes.wordpress.com/)
Sophie – Alices Voice (http://alicesvoice.wordpress.com)
Dana – Hearty Habits (http://heartyhabits.com/)
Becca – Gluten Free Becca (http://glutenfreebecca.wordpress.com/)
Emma – The World According to Emma ( http://emmajudy.blogspot.com/)
Katie – Inkspot (http://welcometothewackadoodles.blogspot.com/)
Taryn – Seriously, Taryn (http://www.seriouslytaryn.com/)
Taylor – Simply Joy (http://taylorssimplyjoy.blogspot.com/)
Leanne – Lass and Lipstick (http://lassandlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/)
I can’t wait to read your answers!!! Happy blogging!